Learning outside the classroom is becoming very popular as it helps young people to nurture their imagination, aids their bonding skills and helps with behavioural difficulties.
The Outdoor Education Advisers’ Panel wrote an article called High Quality Outdoor Education. This article explains when schools, youth organisations, clubs or centres are involved in High Quality Outdoor Education, they see young people who:
1. Enjoy participating in outdoor activities and adopt a positive attitude to challenge and adventure.
2. Are gaining personal confidence and self-esteem through taking on challenges and achieving success.
3. Are developing their self-awareness and social skills, and their appreciation of the contributions and achievements of themselves and of others.
4. Are becoming alive to the natural environment and understand the importance of conservation and sustainable development.
5. Are acquiring and developing a range of skills in outdoor activities, expeditions and exploration.
6. Are demonstrating increased initiative, self-reliance, responsibility, perseverance and commitment.
7. Are developing and extending their key skills of communication, problem solving, leadership and teamwork.
8. Are learning to appreciate the benefits of physical fitness and the lifelong value of participation in healthy leisure activities.
9. Are displaying an increased motivation and appetite for learning that is contributing to raised levels of attainment in other aspects of their education.
10. Are broadening their horizons and becoming open to a wider range of employment opportunities and life chances.
(For the full article follow this link HQOE).
We work with young people of all ages and can tailor our sessions to fit the National Curriculum. Often the participants are having so much fun they overlook the fact that they are learning.
School Visits – We could come to you to deliver sessions such as team building, communication workshops, bushcraft or forest schools.
Day Trips – You could come to us for a day trip to enjoy a wider range of activities
Residential trips – Why not spend a few days with us and really develop your students
Awards – These certificates improve young people’s CVs and show they are willing to go the extra mile. DofE, John Muir Award, Star Awards, NNAS.